Abby L. Botnick
Phone: (216) 781-1700
Fax: (216) 781-1972
Abby Botnick joined Shapero | Roloff Co., L.P.A.. as an associate in 2005 and quickly became an integral part of the firm’s team with her skill in both written and oral advocacy. Abby has appeared before both state and federal courts at the trial and appellate levels, as well as in administrative proceedings with the Veteran’s Administration, Social Security, and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. She practices in all of the firm’s areas of concentration, and devotes 90% of her practice to plaintiff’s injury litigation.
Abby is deeply passionate about individual rights and feels a strong sense of duty to seek justice for the victimized. In particular, Abby is vigorous in pursuing accountability in our nursing home cases, where members of our most vulnerable population are frequently, and tragically, neglected or abused. Abby’s personal values blend seamlessly with the firm’s mission to seek justice and represent the injured. She believes that each client’s story is important, and that each insult to justice is a worthy cause. She feels honored to provide counsel to individuals and families suffering upheaval, grief, and loss.
While still a new lawyer, Abby unearthed and honed a skill for understanding complex medical issues that has played a significant role in achieving results for our clients. This skill has enabled Abby to build a considerable body of medical knowledge, which enables her to analyze medical records and educate our team on the medical-legal issues in our cases. Abby enjoys this challenging role.
Abby is a native of the Cleveland area and graduated from Berea High School. She currently resides in University Heights with her husband and young son.
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland Marshall College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2004
- Case Western Reserve University, B.A., Psychology, 2001
BAR AND COURT ADMISSIONS
- Ohio, 2004
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, 2005
- Plaintiff’s Personal Injury from Start to Finish, 2008
- Obtaining the Best Settlement for Personal Injury Clients: Understand the Role of Medicare and ERISA, 2008
- Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys (CATA)
- Director, 2008 – 2010
- Co-Editor of CATA News, 2008 – 2010
- Ohio Association for Justice (OAJ)
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association (CMBA)
- Ohio State Bar Association (OSBA)
- Anti-Defamation League: Ohio, Kentucky and Allegheny Region
- Associate Board Member, 2006 – present
- Civil Rights Committee Co-Chair, 2010 – present
- Anti-Defamation League: National Civil Rights Committee Member, 2010 – present
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society: Northern Ohio Team In Training – El Tour de Tucson, November, 2010
- Order of Barristers
- Cleveland Marshall College of Law Moot Court Board of Governors
- The National Institute for Trial Advocacy: 2008 Trial Advocacy Institute
- Anti-Defamation League: Shana Amy Glass Leadership Institute, 2005-2006
- John Marshall International Moot Court Competition in Information Technology & Privacy Law; Chicago, Illinois, 2003
- Best Petitioner’s Brief; published at John Marshall Journal of Computer and Information Law, 22 J. Marshall J. Computer & Info. L. 26